While the most important dietary considerations for consumers are health and functionality, the environment is another big focus, including sustainable packaging, brand transparency, and upcycled food.
1. “Plant-based” was the biggest trend in 2021, and it will continue through 2022.
2. Cell-cultured meat is expected to be a big hit among resilient vegetarians and environmentally conscious consumers.
3. “Carbo Neutral” before 2050 was committed by companies that set goals to reduce their carbon footprint.
4. Ecolabel ratings (range from A+ to G) are based on a product’s carbon footprint, water usage, water pollution, and biodiversity impact.
5. Reducing food waste is another way businesses can help combat climate change.