NR or nicotinamide riboside supplements are gaining popularity as another longevity product acting similarly to NMN (nicotinamide mononucleotide). NR supplements are suggested to replenish NAD+ levels in the body and support healthy aging.
However, the question remains — how to find the best NR supplements on the market, abundant with various formulations? For this reason, we conducted market research and selected 5 NR products that, in our opinion, stand out in quality.
How to select the best nicotinamide riboside supplement in 2023?
To select the best NR supplement in 2023, we considered the following quality criteria.
|Formulation||Increased NR bioavailability|
|Third-party tested||Purity and safety|
|Price per serving||$0.80–$2.00|
- Formulation. When picking the best NR products, we considered what measures were taken to enhance the bioavailability of NR supplements.
- Third-party testing. Although this is not mandatory for supplement brands, manufacturers aiming to ensure their product’s purity and safety should display third-party testing conducted by independent labs.
- Manufacturing. Another quality and safety measure is the manufacturing of the supplements in advanced facilities that follow cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) standards for developing contaminant-free products.
- Price per serving. NR products on our list are reasonably priced depending on the formulation and doses. The price per serving is the range of your spending on your daily NR consumption.
Best NR supplements in 2023: overview
In this section, you will gain detailed information about our pick of the best NR supplements. Here, we discuss the products’ certification, quality testing results, purity, and price.
Read on to choose the best product that may suit your needs and accompany you in your longevity journey.
1. Tru Niagen® — best overall NR supplement on the market
Tru Niagen® is one of the best NR supplements on the market, produced as a flagship product incorporating clinically tested safe and effective NIAGEN® nicotinamide riboside.
ChromaDex, the manufacturer of the NR ingredient, conducted a clinical trial where NIAGEN® was observed to increase NAD+ levels by 50% after a short-term supplementation.
The brand is NSF-certified for sports (National Sanitation Foundation). This is a reputable third-party organization assessing the safety and purity of dietary supplements.
Tru Niagen® offers a versatile choice of servings per bottle of encapsulated NR.
Our pick of the best option for servings per bottle would be the bottle containing 90 capsules for 3 month’s supply. With 1 capsule serving daily, you will receive 300 mg NR. (Source: healthnews.com)