- On October 13, Chr. Hansen launched the Istilos B infant probiotic strain, which is mainly used for infant intestinal health and immunity. It is reported that the strain was isolated from the intestines of healthy infants. Bifidobacterium longum subspecies Bifin02 was registered as the trademark Istilos B. infantis in 2023. It has obtained GRAS certification from the US FDA and also has OPS status in Europe. Previously, Chr. Hansen had conducted relevant clinical trials around the Istilos B strain.
- Recently, according to relevant media reports, Haitian Flavor Industry has launched a probiotic soy milk in the cross-border plant protein beverage track. It is understood that the ingredient list of this product is very simple, including water, soybeans (non-GMO), white sugar and edible salt. Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis is also added to increase the benefits of the product on intestinal health.
- On October 18, Chenguang Biotechnology (300138) stated on the investor interactive platform that the company, based on its own development situation, has promoted C-end product layout as planned from aspects such as product research and development, sales channels, etc., and has carried out sales work through a combination of online and offline methods. In the future, we will actively innovate marketing models and strive to open up the market.
- On October 7, Blueglass launched a new freshly made yogurt product specially designed for autumn – Buff7VC. It is reported that this product not only adds Blueglass AlphaElements small yellow bag solid drinks made of honeysuckle, cassia, chrysanthemum, loquat, prickly pear, grapefruit and other ingredients, but also adds 300 billion active probiotic yogurt.
- Recently, according to relevant media reports, DSM-Firmenich and Yili Group officially signed a strategic cooperation memorandum. The two parties adhere to the principle of “mutual trust, mutual benefit and win-win” and are committed to building a sustainable strategic partnership. They will cooperate in multiple fields such as product technology research and development innovation, industry and market information exchange, and promotion of sustainable development.
- Recently, Fonterra has established a strategic research partnership with APC Microbiome Ireland (APC). It is reported that the two parties will focus on probiotics and human microbiome research, focusing on creating innovative products that promote consumer health. According to Fonterra, the new partnership with APC will help strengthen Fonterra’s health and nutrition expertise and accelerate the development of differentiated nutritional products.
- Recently, the domestic fungal polysaccharide brand Junzi Tianchen announced that it has received tens of millions of yuan in strategic investment from Qifu Dongfang. It is reported that Junzi Tianchen is a developer of fungal polysaccharide products. It is a large health brand integrating R&D, production and sales of fungal polysaccharide products throughout the industry chain. At present, it has launched a variety of products including Hericium erinaceus powder, Cordyceps militaris powder, Ganoderma lucidum powder, etc.
- Recently, according to relevant media reports, Dajiang Biomedical launched probiotics-TCI 250 for women’s private health. It is understood that this probiotic is selected from healthy infant intestinal flora and is a type of Lactobacillus johnsonii. TCI250 probiotic powder is suitable for preparation in capsules and oral consumption.
- On September 15, foreign media reported that French biochemical company Groupe Berkem launched a series of new intestinal health ingredients called Biombalance. The series’ flagship product, Symgrape, is derived from grape seed polyphenols. The series also includes products such as Symint, Mallowsym and Symthym.
- Recently, Jinqi Biotech launched a new lactobacillus sparkling drink called “Yi Zhi Shuang”. It is reported that this new product adds lactic acid bacteria fermentation base liquid, uses imported skim milk as the base, and is fermented with Lactobacillus helveticus RE-78. The lactic acid flavor is mellow. At the same time, it has undergone high-temperature inactivation treatment after fermentation, so it can be stored at room temperature and has a shelf life of up to 12 months.
- Recently, according to relevant media reports, at the 14th Asian Nutrition Conference, scientists from the Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences of Nestlé Scientific Research (Lausanne) shared Nestlé’s Diamond™ moderate hydrolysis technology at the conference. It is understood that this technology can cut and reorganize the lactose in milk, reconstruct the nutritional structure of milk, generate the native milk prebiotic galactooligosaccharide (GOS), and at the same time reduce the lactose, carbohydrates and energy in milk, allowing ordinary people to Milk becomes lighter, more nutritious and better absorbed.
- On September 25, the Guangzhou Municipal Bureau of Statistics announced Guangzhou’s economic performance from January to August this year. From January to August, the city’s total retail sales of consumer goods was 728.746 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 6.9%. Data shows that from January to August, the output of nutritional and health foods, juices and vegetable beverages maintained a growth of more than 20%.
- Food Chemistry recently released a paper titled: Chemical changes of potential probiotic Lactiplantibacillus plantarum and Lactobacillus pentosus starter cultures in natural Gemlik type black olive fermentation. The conclusion is that the use of probiotic starter cultures will have a positive impact on human health and Contributes to the industrial production of olives.
- FrieslandCampina’s 2′-FL brand ingredient Aequival 2′-fucosyllactose (2′-FL) has been approved by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs and is now available for use in China’s early nutrition market. It is reported that Aequival 2′-FL is a prebiotic ingredient that supports the health of the infant microbiome.
- Azelis expands partnership with DSM-Firmich in India and is now the exclusive distributor of DSM-Firmich food enzymes and strains in the region, expanding from dairy strains and enzymes to dairy testing Kits and baking enzymes help Azelis by supporting dairy, baking and nutrition related businesses in India.
- On September 27, Morinaga Dairy’s Bifidobacterium MCC1274 won the Annual Ingredient Award in the cognitive function department of the “NutraIngredients-Asia Awards”. This is the third award that Morinaga Dairy has received, following “Bifidobacterium breve M-16V” in 2019 and “Bifidobacterium longum BB536” in 2020. MCC1274 received the top award in “Cognitive Function” for its rich scientific evidence and potential for breakthrough commercial applications.
- DSM-Firmich and Kemin showcase a series of new gut health ingredients at the SupplySide West trade show :
- DSM-Firmich launches “proprietary strain combination” Humiome PostLB
At this exhibition, DSM-Firmenich will focus on intestinal health and showcase its intestinal health portfolio, including post-biological agents, human milk oligosaccharide (HMO) ingredients, probiotics and enzymes. In addition, DSM-Firmich will launch a “proprietary strain portfolio” called Humiome PostLB, which includes fermented L.fermentum and L.delbrueckii. It is reported that this ingredient is manufactured using Adare Biome’s patented process ECHO.
- Kemin showcases ButiShield , a new intestinal health ingredient
At this exhibition, Kemin will showcase ButiShield, a new ingredient for intestinal health. It is reported that this ingredient is derived from butyric acid and calcium sealed packaging, which is sustainably controlled and released. It is a next-generation biological ingredient that can be used for intestinal health and other aspects.
- Ginkgo Bioworks partners with Nosh.bio. It is reported that under the partnership, Nosh.bio will utilize Ginkgo Bioworks’ strain optimization services to screen for protein-producing fungal strains with superior sensory characteristics to produce a mycoprotein that can provide rich natural savory and meaty flavors to the end product. taste.
- U.S. biotechnology company Cypress Systems announced that its natural organically bound yeast selenium ingredient SelenoExcell has now self-certified as Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS). It is reported that selenium has been a legal mineral in infant formula since 2019, but only the inorganic form has been approved by the FDA. SelenoExcell originates from a non-pathogenic, non-GMO strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae that produces compounds similar to the food form of selenium during growth. At the same time, the ingredient is a standardized high-selenium yeast containing a more potent food form of the mineral and is the first selenium yeast product to receive GRAS approval for use in a variety of food categories with qualified health claims.
Sign Up to Receive China Updates Weekly Newsletter for FREE, HERE
Visit HPA-China’s Information Hub, HERE