HPA-China Monthly Newsletter
- On July 10, 2023, the National Health and Medical Commission issued an announcement on the acceptance of new food raw materials reviewing for ” Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. XLTG11 ” . This is another big news about bifidobacteria after the National Health and Medical Commission issued the No. 4 Announcement of 2022 “Announcement on the Update of the List of Strains Applicable to Food” and the “List of Strains Applicable to Infant and Young Children’s Food”, which provides greater possibilities for the expansion of strains in food .
- Recently, Yonghe King joined hands with Novozymes OneHealth to launch “Yonghe King Probiotic Ice Soy Milk”, providing consumers with a new nutritional choice to unlock health and deliciousness with probiotics. It is reported that in order to ensure the active strains of the strains, Yonghe King Probiotic Ice Soy Milk immediately adds active probiotics on the basis of the original soy milk, and each cup of probiotic ice soy milk is added with a recommended 1 billion active units of IBme Bifidobacterium longum 35624, bringing consumers a new healthy choice.
- A few days ago, Diprobio Biological Co., Ltd. and nearly 50 tertiary hospitals in the United States have established a strain library of native probiotics for the Chinese population. At present, more than 20,000 strains of domestic native probiotics have been stored. It is understood that the Shanghai Children’s Hospital Diprobio Medical Research Center (Di-MRC) was officially launched, and the Diprobio Medical Research Fund donated 10 million yuan of scientific research funds, which will be used for the development of clinical research on microecological health, promoting the establishment of a microecological research and scientific research alliance, and providing support for the development of domestic microecological research.
- Recently, Probiotics R&D and production company BioAda announced the completion of a new round of financing with a financing amount exceeding 100 million yuan. This transaction was led by the fund of Fuyuan Investment, followed by Hongzhang Investment and Songhe Capital, and Chenrui Capital was the exclusive financial advisor.
- Recently, Danone announced the launch of Almimama, a new probiotic supplement. According to Danone, based on the results of clinical studies, the product may support breastfeeding by helping to reduce the incidence of mastitis. Studies have shown that mastitis and its complications are one of the main obstacles to breastfeeding. Almimama is a synbiotic supplement especially for pregnant or nursing mothers, combining the probiotic strain L. salivarius PS2 with fructooligosaccharides (FOS).
- On July 5, Blueglass and Zhengguanzhuang launched Zhengguanzhuang limited Red Ginseng Peach Collagen Peptide Yogurt Series. There are two products: Zhengguanzhuang Red Ginseng Peach Oat Molecular Beads and Zhengguanzhuang Red Ginseng Peach Golden Diamond Pineapple Oat Molecular Beads. It is reported that this is the first time that Blueglass has integrated “Zhengguanzhuang Red Ginseng Peach Juice” into active probiotic yogurt, and specially added collagen peptide acerola cherry VC liquid drink and organic oats to bring a natural good state from the inside out.
- Hangzhou Grand Biopharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (referred to as Hangzhou Yuanda), a subsidiary of Grand Life Science Group, signed an agreement with the shareholder of Qingdao Yihao Biotechnology Co., Ltd. (referred to as Qingdao Yihao). Hangzhou Yuanda will become the controlling shareholder of Qingdao Yihao through equity transfer and capital increase. The cooperation between the two parties marks that Hangzhou Yuanda has taken a key step from probiotic drugs to the whole industrial chain of probiotic health.
- On July 3, DSM-firmenich successfully acquired Adare Biome, a postbiotic company, at a price of 275 million euros (about 2.163 billion yuan). Founded in 1907, Adare Biome is a pioneer in the development and production of postbiotics, launching the supplement Lactéol to relieve intestinal discomfort. The addition of Adare Biome will help dsm-firmenich’s premixed feed solutions to further improve animal health.
- On June 27, Shiseido launched Shiseido Hongyan Muscle Active Probiotic Freeze-Dried Powder Flavored Solid Beverage. It is understood that one bottle of this product contains 1 billion live beauty bacteria.
- At Danone’s new factory near Paris, researchers put cubes of yogurt into spherical glass containers and plastic tubes designed to mimic the human gut. Once the bacteria inside showed that they could survive the digestive juices, artificial intelligence (AI) went to work to explore their potential health benefits.
- The data from the “China Better Life Survey” shows that in the purchase of household consumer goods and services, spending on health care has almost been on the rise for more than ten years. In 2023, people’s strong consumer demand for health care has abruptly squeezed out the hot spot of the past few years-travel, and became the number one in the 2023 consumption willingness list. Moreover, in the past three years, the willingness to spend on health care has remained stable at more than 30%.
- Nestlé is collaborating with APC Microbiome Ireland (UCC Ireland Science Foundation Research Centre) on microbiome research. It is reported that through this project, the two parties will jointly explore and enhance the portfolio of infant and maternal nutrition products.
- CHR Hansen has raised its organic growth financial outlook to 9-11% following its strong performance in the first three quarters of the year. Revenues were EUR 335 million (USD 365 million), up 5 percent from EUR 318 million (USD 365 million) in the previous year.
- Ingredients Online adds Tata NQ’s fermentation-produced prebiotic ingredient Fossence to its products. It is reported that Fossence is a water-soluble ingredient that can reduce the sugar in the formula and promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut. Helps promote digestion, regulate immunity, improve nutrient absorption, lipid transport, and digestive and intestinal health.
- Lallemand announces that its probiotic composition (consisting of three probiotic strains, L. helveticus Rosell-52, B. infantis Rosell-33 and B. bifidum Rosell-71) is now approved by the Brazilian Health Regulatory Agency (ANVISA) for use in infants and children aged 3-36 months to help support immune and gut health.
- Raw material supplier Maypro announced that the postbiotic ingredient KT-11 developed by its KITII company (Tokyo) has been approved by the FDA as generally recognized as safe (GRAS). It is reported that postbiotics are easy to store, highly effective and stable, and can be used in various delivery forms that live bacteria cannot achieve. Research shows that KT-11, a heat-sterilized strain of Lactobacillus fragilis, may support immune health, periodontal health, seasonal allergy symptoms, skin health, and more.
- On July 7, the leading brand of highly active probiotics “Leli” once again released a new brand move. Female football player Zhang Linyan became the new spokesperson of Leli. This is another strong alliance between Leli and the sports field after signing women’s football player Wang Shuang in 2019, and officially opened a new journey of brand power upgrading and development.
- Uni-President group launched a new probiotic crispy pork floss snack product, with the added amount of probiotics ≥ 10 billion per 100g product.
- Lingxingtai launched the first product prebiotic jasmine myrobalan drink. The new product adds real fruit juice, and the total juice content is ≥32%. Selected natural air-dried double-petal jasmine flowers in Yuanjiang, Yunnan, fresh and natural. Specially added xylo-oligosaccharides and L-arabinose.
Sign Up to Receive China Updates Weekly Newsletter for FREE, CLICK HERE
Visit HPA-China’s Information Hub, CLICK HERE